Log in

The ASRL represents the surf rowers of Australia, guiding the development and promoting the advancement of National surfboat competition at both grassroots and elite levels.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

2020 ASRL Open; Mollymook Update

ASRL Open 2020 Update

ASRL Statement - 6 January 2020

We have all seen the devastation which is currently occurring around the country by bush fires. Our thoughts are with all those affected by these fires and especially our members who have been directly impacted.

Many of us on the George Bass Surfboat Marathon witnessed first hand what effect these fires can have.

With the Team Navy ASRL Open being held at Mollymook in approximately 5 weeks time the ASRL is aware of the situation in that area. We are in contact with all stakeholders including the RFS and local authorities. We are currently talking and listening, taking advise as the situation develops.

Our strong intention is to hold the Open as currently planned at Mollymook but we are also working on an alternative if there is still a fire threat or the local area is not ready to host such a large event.

Due to logistical constraints we will need to make the call three weeks prior to the event to give our members, officials, host club and organisers enough time to make the Open a success. Our back up venue will suit all those flying in through Sydney which we feel will be the vast majority of fly in travellers. At this early stage we are unable to publicise the alternative venue as official approval has not been granted but be assured we will keep you all informed as more information comes to hand.

As previously stated our preferred option is to hold the event in Mollymook and have the economic impact that the Team Navy ASRL Open brings with it to benefit this hard hit region. If the decision has to be made to move away from Mollymook, our intention would be of offer the 2021 ASRL Open to Mollymook. If any of our members can't retrieve deposits paid on accommodation, it might be possible to move the booking to 2021.

Thanks for your understanding in these testing times. The decision will be made with the best interests of our membership and the local area.

Should you have any concerns please feel free to email asrlopen2020@asrl.com.au or personal message Team Navy ASRL on Facebook

ASRL Committee

Last modified on
Trackback URL for this blog entry.


  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Saturday, 19 September 2020

Share Us...

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn

Subscribe to our Mailing List!

Search our Site