The ASRL is committed to guiding the development and promoting the advancement of National surfboat competition at both grassroots and elite levels. In an effort to keep members informed of what's going on in the world of surf rowing, we provide regular news updates. If you have a news article you think worthy of publishing, please submit directly to email@example.com for consideration.
The ASRL Committeee has released Newsletter #49 for June, 2014.
All Members are encouraged to download and read the Newsletter to keep up with what's going on in the world of Surf Rowing.
You can download the Newsletter by clicking HEREor view the web versionHERE
The Newsletter was emailed directly on 3 June to all current ASRL Members who have provided a current email address. If you didn't receive a copy of the email and would like to in the future, please provide your current email address to firstname.lastname@example.org Your email address will be used for all Committee correspondence, including electronic voting for Committee positions.
In accordance with clause 28.1(a), the ASRL Committee hereby calls for nominations for Treasurer and 3 x Vice Presidents. Nominations must be made in writing, signed by 2 ASRL Members and accompanied by the nominee's written consent. Nominations must be delivered to the ASRL Committee by no later than 5.00pm Friday 20 June 2014, 28 days prior to the ASRL Annual General Meeting (which shall be held on Saturday 19th July 2014) at Elouera SLSC NSW.
The term of Office shall be two years.
• Is the ASRL's financial officer.
• Receipts all funds paid to the ASRL.
• Administers the ASRL's financial accounts.
• Prepares periodic financial statements.
• Liaises with the Secretary, Registrar and President.
• Attends all ASRL Committee meetings.
• Must be computer literate, able to attend several meetings (in person and by teleconference) per year and have a couple of hours per week to review and respond to emails.
The Vice Presidents:
• Represent the interests of all surf rowers
• Attend all ASRL Committee meetings
• Must be computer literate, able to attend several meetings (in person and by teleconference) per year and have a couple of hours per week to review and respond to emails
In August 2013 the SLSA Board made a decision to mandate the wearing of surf helmets in surf boat competition and in surf boat training effective 1 January 2014 (see SLSA Bulletin 02/13-14 issued 26/08/2013).
Since the release of this decision, a number of operational impacts and considerations have been evaluated in consultation with the Australian Surf Rowers League (ASRL) and State/Territory centres to ensure an effective implementation of the SLSA Board decisions. SLSA reinforces that surf helmets will become mandatory in both training and competition. The following decisions relate to the implementation of these decisions.
Throughout implementation of this decision, SLSA shall continue to consult closely with the SLSA Surf Boat Committee / ASRL to ensure all impacts on surf boat participants are well considered, safe and appropriate.
You can download the Bulletin by clicking HERE or on the Bulletin image (pdf reader required)